POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Probably been asked... Why no power operator? : Re: Probably been asked... Why no power operator? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probably been asked... Why no power operator?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 13 Nov 2002 21:25:55
Message: <5j16tu0p39v97731vch4fp6b24ouvkkpht@4ax.com>
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:10:26 EST gilroy wrote:

>I was wondering why the "raise to a power" operator was removed from
>POV-Ray.  (IIRC it was in earlier versions, though perhaps not 3.1.)

  As Peter has stated, the 'hat' operator was implemented during the
beta-testing period in 3.5, but was dropped, IIRC, due to extensive
discussions (arguments) about operator precedence without reaching a
definitive conclusion.

  If a new discussion about this topic begins, kindly set followups to
povray.off-topic, TIA. If a consensus is reached in that group, I will
be aware of it ;)

--
Alan
ako### [at] povrayorg